"Superman Red vs. Superman Blue" is the thirty-six episode of the first season of Justice League Action. It is the overall thirty-six episode of the series.
Lex Luthor comes up with the means to separate each Justice Leaguer in two: one passive and good, the other aggressive and mean.
Appearing in "Superman Red vs Superman Blue"
- Justice League
- Batman (Bruce Wayne)
- Superman (Kal-El/Clark Joseph Kent)
- Wonder Woman (Princess Diana of Themyscira)
- Green Arrow (Oliver Jonas "Ollie" Queen)
- Alexander Joseph "Lex" Luthor
- The Superman Red and Blue story is from a Silver Age story in Superman #162 and later was re-imagined during the "Electric Superman" era of comics in the late 1990s when Superman lost his powers and gained energy based ones. In both cases, Superman was affected by a machine which resulted in him splitting into two beings, much like this episode. The 1998 version of Superman Red was similar to the animated version as he was more aggressive while Blue was rational, but not a separation of good and evil like in the cartoon.