The Justice League must stop Black Adam and the last three djinn from restoring the world to its prehistoric era.
The three Brothers Djinn travel to the volcanic island created by Calythos intending to reopen the fissure there to return the Earth to its primordial state. The Justice League pursue them but lose their super powers by a djinn spell. Batman summons help and John Constantine appears from a travel portal and the superheroes escape through it to his house.
They recover their powers and, joined by more League members, concoct a plan to disguise themselves as one another to fool the Djinn. As Batman goes for backup, they return to the island and capture the Djinn. However the latter have reopened the fissure, and now also Black Adam reappears from it and attacks and subdues the Justice League.
Batman returns with Shazam, but the latter is unable to get the better of Black Adam who releases the Djinn. These transform into monstrous beasts that attack the League but one after another they are made to fall through Constantines' portals. Finally the League combine together and make Black Adam disappear into a portal too.
Appearing in "Abate and Switch" Edit
- Justice League
- Batman (Bruce Wayne)
- Superman (Kal-El/Clark Kent)
- Wonder Woman (Princess Diana of Themyscira)
- Green Arrow (Oliver Jonas "Ollie" Queen)
- John Constantine
- Plastic Man (Patrick O'Brian)
- Swamp Thing (Alec Holland)
- Shazam (Billy Batson)
- Cyborg (Victor Stone) (cameo)
- Green Lantern (Harold "Hal" Jordan) (cameo)
- This episode is a direct continuation from "Night of The Bat". It is also the conclusion of the four part premiere "Shazam Slam".
- The Justice League take refuge in Constantine's House of Mystery. In "Trick or Threat", the team discovers a House of Mystery run by Cain, which John is shown finding the key to at the end of the episode. It is unknown if this is the same House of Mystery, it could be supposing Trick or Threat takes place long before this episode.
Cultural References Edit
- Constantine sucking on a lollipop is likely a reference to a cigarette which he is known for smoking. He couldn't use a real cigarette due to restrictions on children's television.
- In the comics, the House of Mystery was the hideout of Justice League Dark (a team of magic based heroes lead by Constantine).